Senior Estate Planning

Senior estate planning is available for when you need a will, living trust, a business trust, business corporation filing, and more.

At some point in our lives, we all need an attorney or at least, the right documents for estate planning.

A will is what most people begin with to ensure their family is cared for after their death. It is important due to the fact that States decide who gets what if you do not have a will.

If you do not have any assets, or they are very minimal, then you might not need a will. You will need to check your State's legal requirements.

Domestic partners generally only inherit if you are married, unless you add them to your will or survivor accounts, such as bank accounts or insurance policies. There are forms available at the banks and insurance companies that you can fill in your beneficiary names.

If you own an estate and have made a handwritten will and it is not witnessed, it can be contested by the court even if you are in a state that allows handwritten wills. It is better to have it typed so it is clear.

You can do your will yourself as long as you have the correct documents. If you need senior estate planning help, there are attorneys in your area.

Seniors can save up to 90% off your estate planning and other legal documents.

In estate planning, you can't use your will to leave the following accounts.

As many as possible should be held in joint tenancy or have a survivor beneficiary, if you are single.

Property you hold in a joint tenancy or survivor account with someone else such as Bank accounts.

Property you've transferred to a living trust.

Life insurance policy for which you've named a beneficiary.

In estate planning, it is always better to have a witness that is not related and not in the will, due to possible conflict of interest.

A notary can help seniors with their legal forms by verifying their signature. For court purposes, a notary is your best witness, other than an attorney.

A state authorized notary can be found through online notary websites or in the phone books, such as http//

Your pension plan, individual retirement account (IRA), 401(k) plan, or other retirement plan if you have named a beneficiary on forms provided by the account administrator.

Stocks or bonds held in beneficiary (transfer-on-death or TOD) form. If you want to change the beneficiary, contact the brokerage company.

Money in a bank account. If you want to name a survivor beneficiary, just fill out a form at the bank.

A Living Trust can help you avoid probate if you have other property that is not in a survivor or jointly owned account such as a business, a large estate, or you are single with assets.

Although you can do your own living trusts, corporation paperwork or other legal paperwork fr your estate planning, you might want to use the services of an attorney to make sure it is within the legal requirements, so it will be effective when necessary.

You will find qualified senior estate planning assistance and documents at

3 essential legal documents